Friday, 31 January 2014
Background: Geli plate, acrylics and Clarity stencils (swirls and sunbeam)
Insert: Baby carriage stamped using the petals stamp together with the English Garden elements stamps used for the background and foliage and not forgetting Romeo and a couple of little birdies from the set.
"Oh Boy!" was created using the alphabet stencil and then doodling in and around the letters.
The hares (jumping for joy) are stamped over the acrylic paint.
Thursday, 30 January 2014
Tuesday, 28 January 2014
My New Love
- Stamps: Heart and Rose Montage, Letterbox
- Inkpads: Adirondack Cranberry, Versafine Black Onyx, Versamark
- Cardstock: Gelli Plate 6x6 card pack, A4 white, black, holographic mirri
- Clear detail embossing powder
- Punches: medium heart, small heart
- Using Cranberry stamp Heart and Rose image once in centre of a sheet of 6x6 card. Now sprinkle over embossing powder and heat emboss.
- On another piece of 6x6 card, stamp the cranberry image four times more; emboss as before. Ink over all images with Versamark, add embossing powder and heat emboss again to create a super glossy image. Cut out the hearts from three of the images, score down the centre of each heart, fold and glue one half to another to create a 3D image.
- Clean stamp and using Black Onyx, ink up stamp; blot stamp once on scrap paper. Now stamp image above the heart to produce a second generation (grey) image.
- Ink stamp again and stamp a black image to the left of grey. Stamp again under black image to alternate black and grey. Continue inking and stamping until a 3x3 square is formed, the cranberry heart forming the centre.
- Apply glue to the 3D Cranberry heart and add onto red heart image in the centre of 6x6 card.
- Trim square and mount onto black then white card.
- Create an easel card and add the stamped topper to this.
- Using Onyx Black again, ink and blot Heart stamp nine times onto 6x6 card to produce nine grey images.
- Using Upper and Lower cases from Letterbox and Cranberry ink, stamp each letter of chosen sentiment, in this instance ‘My New Love’ onto a chosen area of each grey image.
- Ensuring each letter is centred in the heart punch aperture, punch out each letter.
- Glue on to complementary coloured twine. Add to suit to easel card.
- Taking the last Cranberry image, select an area to punch out using small heart punch. Glue this under sentiment.
Friday, 24 January 2014
Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Friday, 17 January 2014
Wednesday, 15 January 2014
This is my first entry for the challenge, having only recently joined the New Designs Club. In fact this is my first ever totally designed and hand made card!
This theme was perfect for me since they were new stamps, for a new hobby, using a new (for me) technique, in a new year and this card was sent to a young lady starting out on a challenging new journey of her own. Well it seemed like a plan!
It's my niece's wedding next month so with that in mind, I thought this month's challenge would be very appropriate for a wedding card. What better new beginning!
I usually make my cards on bought blanks which come with envelopes so the next bit was a new beginning for me. I spent an afternoon trying out various ways to make an envelope that fitted my card. It had to be a very thin box as I had used foam pads to fix the picture on. After several tries I managed to make one that I was happy with. I know there are gadgets that help you make envelopes but I don't have one.